Sunday, June 7, 2009

Sunday Night Common Sense

I've been able to relax this week. I hope each of you have had the same opportunity. As a result, I've written a lot more which is always cause and pause for reflection. Reflecting is sometimes painful. It is with this understanding, and the rituals I have incorporated to help me cope with this pain when it arises, is were today's quote comes from:


"No one's hurt me more than you. And no one ever will."
Lauryn Hill, Ex-Factor, 1998



Giving ourselves the permission to recognize the pain and choose not to let it overcome who we are and what we do is something that I still struggle with. I have chosen to unlearn the lies I was told and replace them with knowledge and what I see as my/our truth. We have more power than we think.

Here's the full official video for Lauryn Hill's song:

No comments:

Post a Comment