Monday, May 3, 2010

Latino Sexuality Links

It's only Monday but amazing links to some great information regarding Latino sexuality have come to my attention and I wish to share them with you:

-The National Latina Institute for Reproductive Health has published an overview of some current literature and research focusing on Latinas. The publication is called: Removing Stigma: Towards A Complete Understanding Of Young Latinas' Sexual Health.

-Blacks and Latinos more at risk for Alzheimer's, reluctant to acknowledge disease. This is a topic very important to me as both of my maternal grandparents died of this illness. I wonder how as sexuality professionals we understand and can help people navigate this disease and how it intersects with sexuality.

-De la universidad a la cárcel (in Spanish) is the narrative of Jessica Colotl who is currently awaiting deportation. You can also read this article in English via Goggle Translate here.

-Ozomatli sings about Gay Vatos In Love. I know I'm going to write more about this topic in the future so stay tuned for that piece!

No comments:

Post a Comment