Thursday, June 10, 2010

Participants Needed for Study on Black Women’s Spirituality and Hip-Hop Music

Please help out my homegirl Anaya! I took the survey, as a LatiNegra this topic speaks to multiple parts of my life!

Click here to go directly to the survey.

Hello,

My name is Anaya McMurray and I am a graduate student at the University of Maryland, College Park. As a candidate seeking a PhD in Women’s Studies I am conducting research to explore the impact of spirituality on black women’s processes of creating and interpreting music. My goal is to learn more about the meaning and significance of spirituality in the lives of black women in the hip-hop generation.

I am especially interested in the generation of black women born in a year from 1971 through 1982 and raised in the U.S.

If you are interested in learning more about this study visit my site for a more detailed description of my project: ‘THE WHOLE AND NOT THE HALF OF IT’: BLACK WOMEN’S SPIRITUALITY AND POPULAR MUSIC IN THE HIP-HOP GENERATION.

Participation in the current phase of research would require anonymously completing a survey. This survey is designed to gather opinions on spirituality and music from black women in the hip-hop generation. If you are interested in participating and you are a black woman born in a year from 1971 through 1982 and raised in the U.S. please visit, complete and submit an online survey.

If you would prefer to complete a paper copy of the survey, it can be downloaded at http://web.me.com/anayamc/Spirituality_and_Music, printed, and mailed to Anaya McMurray P.O. Box 29104 Chicago, Ill 60629-0104. If you know someone who may be interested in participating please forward this message and/or direct the person to the following link.

Thank You,
Anaya McMurray

No comments:

Post a Comment