Monday, April 20, 2009

STIs with Dave Chappelle

Today I began our class on Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs) with a clip from The Chappelle Show season 2. This skit stars Snoop Dogg and Q-Tip. I did not show the entire clip, instead I only showed from the 5 minute mark to the ending, when they actually talk about STIs. I can't describe to you how happy and excited I was when Chappelle made this skit. The official name is KneeHigh Park. It is such a great teaching tool!

Other Chappelle skits I've used in my class were the Racial Draft when discussing racial formation and identity politics.

You can watch the full version of KneeHigh Park here. It is not safe for work (NSFW).

You can watch the Racial Draft below.

Chappelle's Show
The Racial Draft
comedycentral.com
Charlie Murphy VideosBuy Chappelle's Show DVDsBlack Comedy

No comments:

Post a Comment