Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Ways To Help Haiti

Many of you don't know this but growing up in the DC/MD area there is a HUGE contingent of Haitians and I grew up in a very Caribbean space while in High School. One of my best friends since high school (that's over 15 years!) is a Haitian woman, Flo, who has loved me and supported me for all that I am and all that I'm becoming. My first friend in NYC when I moved back was a Haitian man, T. When I got the flue last year and was dripping from every orifice it was him, not my other "friends," who came to help me. He also has helped me with local daily necessities (like making sure no mice get into my apartment (we are still working on this one). T. and Flo are my family. My family has lost family and therefore I have. We have.

Please check out VivirLatino's links on how to help Haiti at this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment