Thursday, March 11, 2010

Updates!

It's been a busy week! I'm grading midterms, doing HIV presentations, and helping to create a short training for young women of Color who are going to do street outreach providing safe sex kits to other youth of Color in their communities!

Add to that: I'm working on my Keynote for the Get The Facts Youth Leadership Conference which is in 4 days and planning travel for the two presentations I'm doing at the Civil Liberties & Public Policy (CLPP) annual conference so I'm super excited! Registration is still open for the CLPP and they do offer some travel support and lodging. I'll be talking on two panels:

Friday April 9 4-6pm Feminine-tastic (Helen Hua, Bianca Laureano, Jos Truitt, Tonya Williams*)
and
Saturday April 10 5:15-6:45 Media Radicals (Melissa Gira Grant, Bianca Laureano, Thanu Yakupitiyage, Misty Perez Truedson*)

As usually, I've been writing a lot and my upcoming Media Justice article will be on Open Relationships and I'll share the link to that when it is posted. Read my latest review of the film Our Family Wedding.

Finally, I received some amazing news this week: I was nominated and accepted the nomination of one of El Diario’s 2010 LATINAS DESTACADAS a recognition given annually by El Diario La Prensa to the most outstanding women in our community!

No comments:

Post a Comment