Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Review: AntiBacterial Foaming Toy Cleaner



It’s been a while since I reviewed a toy and I’m excited at the opportunity to do so again! So, be on the lookout for reviews this year!

The first review of the year will be for something I think many of us using toys need: a toy cleaner. This is absolutely an essential item to have (Adult Toys has a good list of essential items as well). I’ve had several over the decades, and there are positives and negatives to each. I’ve learned what is good for me based on what I like and don’t like and how I choose to care for my toys. To be honest, if you invest in a toy you want to make sure it stays with you for as long as possible. If you enjoy your toy, you also want to make sure you care for it to extend its longevity.



The AntiBacterial Foaming Toy Cleaner is impressive. My first impression of the cleaner was that it was very light and accessible. What I mean by light is that the coloring of the cleaner was clear with no dyes, the packaging of the cleaner is not too busy, and the colors on the label were appealing and not too flashy. I have to admit that I enjoy cleaners that look professional like this, and yes I realize this is connected to my health/medical background, as this idea of “professional” appeal is a bit clinical.

Nonetheless, I was really impressed with the cleaner. I used it to clean various toys that have been sitting in storage and were a bit dusty to the toys I use on a regular basis and that are out in the open. The materials of the toys ranged from silicone, plastic to glass. It even worked on my Hitachi magic wand, which is crucial for me because that’s one of my favorite toys to date!

There are 5.5 fluid ounces and a cap that covers a push down button that emits the foam. This function is fabulous because you can leave it on a dresser or near a table and don’t even need to pick it up to get the toy cleaned. I enjoy one-button push items because sometimes your hands are sticky/dirty/etc. and why add to the mess when you just need to press the button? The fluid is unscented and dries fairly quickly once it’s on the toy and/or cloth used to clean.

As with all toy cleaners, even if using mild soap and water, remove the batteries of any toys that have them before cleaning. You can push the top button and make sure your cover the part of the item you wish to clean completely. It is recommended you put the cleaner directly onto the toy and not onto a towel or cloth first. You will wipe the cleaner off of the item with a moist/damp cloth. Depending on the level of cleanliness needed and how soiled the item is, you may have to repeat this a few times. I found that a washcloth was helpful for harder items to clean, such as those that may have attracted dust that solidified or that picked up a color of another item where the color had bled.

The ingredients may not work well for all folks with extremely sensitive skin, or those who have various forms of skin conditions. I have sensitive skin, but it is not extreme and I rarely have breakouts or rashes in general. Using this product for one month on a regular basis I did not see any difference in my skin, but that’s just me. I encourage you to check out all of the ingredients (listed below) and make the best decision for you regarding them. I appreciate the website Skin Deep to search such scientific terms and have linked to their ranking of these ingredients below for your review. I want to make it clear all of these ingredients have a low or moderate ranking via this website and they can all be found in various forms of cosmetics and lotions.

Ingredients:

Water (Aqua), Ammonium Lauryl Slufate, Cocomidopropyl Betaine, Cocamide DEA, Sodium Carboxymethyl Lauryl Glucoside, Sodium PCA, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea, Citric Acid

Well worth the cost of (only!) $7.99, you may purchase the AntiBacterial Foaming Toy Cleaner at the Their Toys Cleaner section.

Thanks to the folks at Adult Toys for providing this item for review.

No comments:

Post a Comment