Friday, August 21, 2009

Links I'm Loving: Latina Sexuality!

So we didn't win the computer (yet) for Sparkle, but I know she feels so loved just by reading all the comments you left!

Here are some stories that I'm really loving right now:

The new column I'm writing is in full effect! Don't miss out!

Get hip on what "revolutionary machismo" was and still is! by reading about The Mujeres of the Young Lords Thanks to goddessjaz for this one!

If you can make it to this NYC film screening please go! Silence: In Search of Black Female Sexuality in America by Mya Baker TODAY at 10pm! View the trailer and see if you want to host a screening in your community!

We rarely, if ever, hear about the Garifuna people of Hondoruas! I came across this commentary on the only Garifuna Hospital in the country.

And because I KNOW you want to see more of Vogue Evolution, here's their Myspace page!

SHAMELESS PLUGS
My film review of Dos Americas: The Reconstruction of New Orleans and how Latinos are affected.

My film review of Juan Melendez-6446 about Melendez's efforts to get off death row and Puerto Rican movements around the efforts.

My Lions for Lambs y Latinos article, old but finally the link is working again!

No comments:

Post a Comment