Sunday, August 2, 2009

Sunday Night Common Sense

It is my last week of teaching. I'm thinking a lot about the several posts I've begun but have yet to finish. As I began to write more and think more I go back to texts I've read several times.

This evening I went to Frantz Fanon. I re-read parts of Black Skin White Masks. One of the many favorite quotes of his that I have from this book includes:

As soon as I desire I am asking to be considered. I am not merely here-and-now, sealed into thingness. I am for somewhere else and for something else. I demand that notice be taken of me negating activity insofar as I pursue something other than life; insofar insofar as I do battle for the creation of a human world-that is, of a world of reciprocal recognitions.

p. 218

No comments:

Post a Comment