Sunday, October 11, 2009

My Love Shrine

When I went to Arizona the first time this year in February to see my homegirl Elena, we went to the Heard Museum's exhibit of Cathy "The Crafty Chica" Murillo's installation. It was one of the highlights of my trip. While we were at the Heard Museum we went to the gift shop and both purchased a Love Shrine.

It's taken me all this time to kinda finish my Love Shrine. I think I've included a lot of the things I want to represent, but I don't feel as if it is complete just yet. I'm not sure what else is missing, but I know something is. So, here's what the steps were and the somewhat final project:

Here's what the box looks like! You can purchase your own online.



This is what comes in the box. I added some ribbon and extra fun things that I had in my apartment to play around.



Here's what my Love Shrine currently looks like.



Here's some detail I'm especially excited and proud of, a Lion carrying a flag of Amor.



Here's the center which has a 3-D burning heart and the mermaid at the corner.





Here's the inside of the right hand corner with a mermaid holding a sign that says "you've got love."

No comments:

Post a Comment