Tuesday, July 28, 2009

A Reminder: My Life IS Perfect

Here's another post from my first blog writings that I began in 2004. This one is a posting that I go back to often when I feel overwhelmed, isolated, sad, defeated. I go right back to that space and I realize that my life is exactly the way I need it to be right now.

Monday, February 26, 2007

did you know my life was perfect?
Current mood: contemplative

did you know my life was perfect? i didn't either. but today one of my students who told me her life was boring and then asked for a heart shaped stress ball i had from valentines day she asked me if i used my stress balls on my desk. (i have 3 one of a heart with a pr flag, another in the shape of a penis with a big smile (it's the healthy penis) and another of as syphilis sore). she said "do you ever use these stress balls" and i said "yes" and she said "i can't ever imagine you stressed out" and i laughed and said "why not" and she said "cause your life is perfect."

and i knew exactly what she meant. i remember being 13 and seeing 29 year old broads and thinking they had all their shit together and how i pined for the kind of freedom and power and independence they had.

my life is perfect for now. it's amazing how 13 year olds can just put things in perspective for us sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment